Date Posted: 30/11/2020
Apply by: 31/12/2020
ÉireComposites is an innovative design, manufacturing and testing company, involved in lightweight, high performance fibre-reinforced composite materials, with an international blue-chip customer base of over 70 companies in the aerospace, renewable energy and automotive sectors. ÉireComposites (www.ÉireComposites.com) has established accredited aerospace composites manufacturing and testing facilities in Galway, Ireland and has significant intellectual property in manufacturing and tooling for composite materials.
A vacancy now exists for an Engineering Manager with the following responsibilities:
- Managing and coaching a growing team of engineers.
- Supporting the hiring, training, developing and motivating of the engineering team.
- Establishing team performance goals and objectives.
- Managing and taking responsibility for the delivery of research projects for clients including ESA, the European Commission and other innovation leaders.
- Managing and taking responsibility for the design and manufacturing of cutting-edge composite parts for the aerospace, space, renewable energy and automotive industries.
- Developing industrialization concepts for new manufacturing methods, products, and materials as well as for increasing efficiency and production rates.
- Managing the development and implementation of process control and quality management systems within the engineering department.
- Working closely with the sales, operations and quality team to plan and execute large, exciting projects.
The Engineering Manager will report directly to the CEO. Due to the nature of EireComposites’ blue-chip client-base and affinity towards working with innovative companies, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills by working on ground-breaking technologies.
The preferred candidate will have:
- At least 10 years of industry experience showing progression of responsibility.
- An engineering degree, preferably mechanical engineering.
- A good knowledge of business management desired.
- A target driven attitude with the desire to succeed.
- Experience in advanced manufacturing of composites is desired but not essential.
- Experience in supporting aerospace would be beneficial.
The prospective candidate must be able to demonstrate a professional approach, be self-motivated, a good team-worker and communicator, and will be enthusiastic and willing to update their skill set in the company’s core business areas.
Please submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com