Date Posted: 01/02/2021
Apply by: 31/03/2021
ÉireComposites is an innovative design, manufacturing and testing company, involved in lightweight, high performance fibre-reinforced composite materials, with an international blue-chip customer base of over 70 companies in the aerospace, renewable energy and automotive sectors. ÉireComposites (www.ÉireComposites.com) has established accredited aerospace composites manufacturing and testing facilities in Galway, Ireland and has significant intellectual property in manufacturing and tooling for composite materials.
The Engineering Team at ÉireComposites is seeking to hire a manufacturing technician who will be responsible for manufacturing work relating to the renewable energy and marine sectors. Experience in woodwork, metalwork, machining or a related field is an advantage. Remote work not available.
The prospective candidate must be able to demonstrate a professional approach, be self-motivated, a good team-worker and communicator, and will be enthusiastic and willing to update their skill set in the company’s core business area.
- Manufacturing of wooden moulds and fixtures
- Manufacture of steel frames
- Manufacture of composite laminates
- Ad hoc duties that may arise
Skills / Competencies
- Full Driver License
- Trade qualification in carpentry or metalwork is a distinct advantage
- Other trade qualification
- Working knowledge of boats and the marine industry
- Experience in construction, setting-out, fitting or finishing
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of various tooling and testing equipment
- Ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative
- General problem-solving ability
- Ability to read drawings
To apply, please submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com (OR) in writing to: ÉireComposites Teo, An Choill Rua, Inverin, Co. Galway