Date Posted: 30/11/2020
Apply by: 31/12/2020
ÉireComposites is an innovative design, manufacturing and testing company, involved in lightweight, high performance fibre-reinforced composite materials, with an international blue-chip customer base of over 70 companies in the aerospace, renewable energy and automotive sectors. ÉireComposites (www.ÉireComposites.com) has established accredited aerospace composites manufacturing and testing facilities in Galway, Ireland and has significant intellectual property in manufacturing and tooling for composite materials.
A vacancy now exists for a Procurement Specialist with the following responsibilities:
- Negotiate with external suppliers to secure advantageous pricing and terms.
- Source reliable suppliers and initiate business.
- Develop and implement efficient procurement processes.
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services.
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries.
- Examine and test existing contracts.
- Define service-level agreements to ensure that suppliers are achiving quality of service.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Prepare procurement reports.
- Support the implementation of a new ERP system.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years administration experience, preferably in procurement role in a project or manufacturing environment.
- Broad understanding of budget management and financial control.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Sincere commitment to efficiency and cost saving.
- Creativity in solving problems.
- Strong team player.
The prospective candidate must be able to demonstrate a professional approach, be self-motivated, a good team-worker and communicator, and will be enthusiastic and willing to update their skill set in the company’s core business areas.
Please submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com