We are hiring multiple positions
Be part of an innovative and progressive company in the West!
ÉireComposites based in Connemara, is an innovative design, manufacturing and testing company, involved in lightweight, high-performance fibre-reinforced composite materials, with an international blue-chip customer base of over 70 companies in the aerospace, renewable energy and automotive sectors. ÉireComposites has established accredited aerospace composites manufacturing and testing facilities in Galway, Ireland and has significant intellectual property in manufacturing and tooling for composite materials. Remote work is not available for this position.
We have an opportunity for a R&D and design engineer to work in an exciting sector and where development and support for role will be provided inhouse.
Please submit your own C.V. format. Unfortunately, we cannot respond to all CVs received, we will regret all short-listed candidates from interviews only. All our job descriptions are available in full in both English and Irish on www.eirecomposites.com, where you will also find out more information about our business.
This is a full-time permanent role and the working time arrangement is Monday to Thursday 8.30 – 5pm and 8.30 – 3.30pm on Fridays. As an Engineer at ÉireComposites, your deliverables will mainly include but are not limited to the below mentioned responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Defining research agendas for the company.
- Developing research proposals for organizations like the European Space Agency, the European Commission, and the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland.
- Performing research activities and generating project reports.
- Designing and manufacturing of cutting-edge composite parts.
- Implementation of process control and quality management systems.
- Working as part of the engineering team to plan and deliver projects.
- Complete routine tasks with minimal supervision.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area to facilitate manufacturing and research functions.
- Work in a cleanroom environment/industrial production area.
- Undertake all other duties as assigned by engineering manager.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and to assist with manufacturing tasks as demands arise.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Full Driver’s EU / Irish License.
- A technical or scientific degree from a leading university, preferably in mechanical engineering, manufacturing, design, or a similar field.
- Good general technical skills and a willingness to learn new skills.
- A target driven attitude with the desire to succeed.
- Ability to travel to visit customers and attend trade shows.
- A qualification in and or working knowledge of CAD desirable not essential.
- A qualification in and or track record of Project Management desirable not essential.
Skills and Abilities:
- Self-motivated and willing to work on own initiative.
- Effective team member and contributes to their own team and cross functionality.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Comfortable in managing competing priorities.
- Strong writing skills.
- High levels of motivation and ambition.
- Open to ongoing learning, development, and cross training.
Salary range will be commensurate with experience.
- Easily accessible – 25 mins from Knocknacarra.
- Permanent role.
- Company Pension plan.
- Early finish on a Friday.
- Death in service/life assurance.
- Twenty days annual leave.
- Wellness and team events/initiatives.
- Training & development.
- Work wear provided.
- On-site parking & canteen.