Date Posted: 01/09/2020
Apply by: 31/09/2020
ÉireComposites is an innovative design, manufacturing and testing company, involved in lightweight, high performance fibre-reinforced composite materials, with an international blue-chip customer base of over 70 companies in the aerospace, renewable energy and automotive sectors. ÉireComposites (www.ÉireComposites.com) has established accredited aerospace composites manufacturing and testing facilities in Galway, Ireland and has significant intellectual property in manufacturing and tooling for composite materials.
Our specialist Engineers and team of experts in the composites industry work together to understand the deliverables as per the client’s requirements. As a progressive SME and an Irish business, we’ve been supported by Údarás na Gaeltachta and are proud to be located in one of the friendliest Gaeltacht regions – Galway, close to Connemara. Taking the world popular Wild Atlantic Way to work and the clean water certified beach which is a 10 min walk from the office are amongst the few reasons that make ÉireComposites the best place to work.
Due to expansion, a vacancy now exists for a Senior Engineer with the following responsibilities:
– Delivery of research projects for clients including ESA, the European Commission and other innovation leaders.
– Designing and manufacturing of cutting-edge composite parts.
– Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes on factory (manufacturing) floor
– Development and implementation of process control and quality management systems
– Communication of product design and tooling to the assigned team members to ensure efficient and effective production processes.
– Working as part of the engineering team to deliver projects.
– Conduct project reviews to produce case studies for continuous improvement
– Generate reports on estimated manufacturing requirements and potential growth opportunities.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for working within the engineering team to design and develop composite products. Due to the nature of EireComposites blue-chip client-base and affinity towards working with innovative companies, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills by working on ground-breaking technologies. The role will require technical aptitude combined with the ability to communicate effectively.
The preferred candidate will have:
– A qualification in a relevant technical field such as engineering, manufacturing, design or a similar field
– Minimum 6 years of experience in a similar role.
– Working knowledge of CAD.
– Good general technical skills and a willingness to learn new skills
– A target driven attitude with the desire to succeed
– Experience in composites is desired but not essential.
The prospective candidate must be able to demonstrate a professional approach, be self-motivated, a good team-worker and communicator, and will be enthusiastic and willing to update their skill set in the company’s core business areas. We welcome potential candidates who seek to grow their careers and be part of EireComposites exciting future!
To apply, please submit your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org OR in writing to: ÉireComposites Teo, An Choill Rua, Inverin, Co. Galway